Students have been working on Measurement since the break. We will be having our end of unit quiz on Thursday. Students will need to know the following information:
- convert units of measure (kilometer, meter, centimeter, millimeter) by moving the decimal and understanding the quantity of each measure. (Ex. 3cm = ? mm)
- calculate the distance around a shape that is missing sides (solve for the missing sides first) and calculate the total perimeter.
- find the area of a shape using square units OR a formula (A=L X W). Make sure to put the little 2 above the units to show that you measured area.
- determine which unit of measurement would best suit measuring specific distances and/or objects.
- solve problem-solving questions where students are given a specific perimeter or area and will need to draw and label different shapes to show the perimeter or area.
- All exit slips and practice questions have been marked and handed back to students so they can study.
1. Draw 3 shapes with an area of 12cm squared.
2. Find the perimeter of the shape. Make sure you solve for the missing sides first.